Jaylia3

Reflections

Books of May

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Redemption Key - S.G. Redling I Capture the Castle - Dodie Smith Wild Strawberries - Angela Thirkell Desert Run - Betty Webb

Pictured above and listed below are the books I enjoyed but didn't review:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone--A reread, obviously. This time I listened to the audio which made gave me some new perspectives.

Redemption Key--S. G. Redling's second thriller featuring the wonderfully nerdy Dani Britton, this time in the boondocks of Florida

I Capture the Castle--Crumbling castle, eccentric family, and Cassandra--an optimistic but thoughtful teenager who loves writing, relishes life, and sees herself as a Bronte-Austen girl ripe for adventures--I was utterly charmed.

Wild Strawberries--Lady Emily Leslie is having a summer country house party in Angela Thirkell's second witty, delightful Barsetshire novel.  Young love, misunderstandings, French monarchists, uninvited guests, lots of fun.

Desert Run--Tough but damaged PI heroine, some local history, a WWII tie-in, Arizona scenery, a Hollywood producer, a Native American partner--what's not to love? This is Betty Webb's fourth mystery featuring Lena Jones.

And here are the books I reviewed, with review links below:

The Lola Quartet - Emily St. John Mandel The Oregon Trail: An American Journey - Rinker Buck Monkey Beach - Eden Robinson Of Noble Family - Mary Robinette Kowal

Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea - Barbara Demick The Man Who Was Thursday - G.K. ChestertonEarth Flight - Janet Edwards Circling the Sun: A Novel - Paula McLain

The Lola QuartetThe Oregon TrailMonkey BeachOf Noble Family

Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North KoreaThe Man Who Was ThursdayEarth FlightCircling the Sun

Source: http://jaylia3.booklikes.com/post/1177603/books-of-may