Jaylia3

Reflections

Three day quote challenge--day 3. This is kind of a cheat because it's a reblog of a quote I posted in the summer, but war and Peace is one of my all time favorite books and this snippet captures some of what I love. Thank you again, Brokentune.

About the challenge:

I'm supposed to nominate 3 other Booklikes bloggers to take up the three day challenge, but I'm just going to leave it open for anyone else who wants to give it a go. Here are the rules:

Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.

2. Publish a quote on 3 consecutive days on your blog. The quote can be one of your own, from a book, movie or from anyone who inspires.

3. Nominate 3 more bloggers each day to carry on this endeavor.
Reblogged from Reflections:
"They wept because they were friends; and because they were kind; and because they, who had been friends since childhood, were concerned with such a mean subject--money; and because their youth was gone ... But for both of them they were pleasant tears ..."
War and Peace - Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear, Leo Tolstoy

Impoverished widow Anna Mikhailovna accepts 700 roubles from her dear friend Countess Rostov so she can purchase her son's military uniform.

War and Peace, Part One, Chapter XIV