Jaylia3

Reflections

ADA LOVELACE, Lord Byron's daughter, THE FIRST TECH VISIONARY?

Somehow I had missed this fact--the poet Lord Byron had a daughter now known as the first computer programmer? How wonderful!

ada-lovelace-290.jpeg She is celebrated every October 15 to highlight her contributions to math and science. Here is the beginning of the New Yorker article about her:

"When Ada Lovelace was twelve years old, she wanted to fly. She approached the problem methodically, examining birds and investigating various materials that could serve as wings—feathers, paper, silk. In the course of her research, which began in February, 1828, according to her biographer Betty Alexandra Toole, Ada wrote and illustrated a guide called “Flyology,” to record her findings. She toiled away on this project until her mother reprimanded her for neglecting her studies, which were meant to set her on a rational course, not a fanciful one."

Link

Source: http://jaylia3.booklikes.com/post/630082/ada-lovelace-lord-byron-s-daughter-the-first-tech-visionary-