Jaylia3

Reflections

Fashions change, but not the human heart

Sense & Sensibility (Austen Project) - Joanna Trollope

Fashions, technology,  and protocols  of society may change, but the human heart remains the same. Joanna Trollope proves that in this witty, warm, and thoroughly enjoyable update of Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility. It manages to stay largely true to Austen’s story even as characters text each other, consult Facebook for relationship updates, post YouTube videos of shocking confrontations, and tune out when piqued by listening to MP3 players. Though it sticks close enough to the original that I knew what was coming I was still gripped with suspense and delighted with the ending. The characterizations are wonderful, the very modern version of selfish, manipulative Fanny Dashwood is breathtaking, and if those characterizations sometimes veer a little to the farcical I think you can say the same thing about Austen’s original story and it didn't make me care about the characters any less.

Source: http://jaylia3.booklikes.com/post/636934/fashions-change-but-not-the-human-heart