Jaylia3

Reflections

Bossypants

Bossypants - If one section of this book didn't seem funny, insightful and/or interesting I just had to wait a chapter or two to be enthralled again. I plan to try to live by Fey's rules of improvisation which she says changed her life and the way she looked at the world and even reduced her belly fat (though she later took that last claim back.) Also great to read are her descriptions of her fiercely geeky teen years, the list of things she learned from Lorne Michaels at Saturday Night Live (like producing means quashing creativity), her Harvard nerds/ Chicago improvisers formula for success, her attempts to balance show business and motherhood, and her take on sexism in show business and politics in the lead up to the 2008 election during which she was doing her almost unbearably funny impersonations of Sarah Palin.