Jaylia3

Reflections

Desert Noir: A Lena Jones Mystery

Desert Noir: A Lena Jones Mystery - Betty Webb With roaming coyotes, autumn stained desert vistas, and a tough but vulnerable female P.I. who was raised in a series of foster care homes, Desert Noir had me hooked before I’d finished the opening page. The idiosyncratic beauty of Arizona’s landscapes, peoples, cacti and wildlife permeates this first of the series mystery set in the Scottsdale art scene. Lena Jones and her Pima Indian business partner investigate crimes from computer hacking to murder, so when the owner of the gallery next store is beaten to death it’s only natural for them to get involved. I love discovering a great series that already has a lot of books, and can’t wait to start reading Desert Wives where Lena poses as a polygamist wife to infiltrate a fundamentalist Mormon compound.