Jaylia3

Reflections

Hex Hall

Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins Sixteen year old Sophie was just trying to help an unpopular classmate get the prom date of her dreams when she cast a spell that wreaked havoc and turned the dance into chaos. That infraction got her sent to Hex Hall, a school for witches, warlocks, fairies, shape-shifters and werewolves who haven’t yet learned to use their powers properly. It wasn’t Sophie’s fault. She’d had her witch powers since she was twelve, but she had no magic role model to guide her. It’s her father who’s a warlock, and her human mother dumped him as soon as she found out, before Sophie was born. At Hex Hall Sophie is assigned the school’s only vampire for a roommate, which is sort of scary, she’s being courted by three fellow witches who need her to join their coven so they can pursue magic that is definitely off the curriculum, which doesn’t sound like a great idea, and she’s being haunted by a green ghost girl who may look strangely familiar. Plus her crush is going out with a gorgeous witch who is quickly becoming Sophie’s worst enemy. Raised in the human world, Sophie is only beginning to understand who she is. Hex Hall has snappy dialog, suspense, romance and a nicely realized paranormal world.