Jaylia3

Reflections

Love Times Three: Our True Story of a Polygamous Marriage

Love Times Three: Our True Story of a Polygamous Marriage - Joe Darger;Alina Darger;Vicki Darger;Valerie Darger;Brooke Adams This is not the inside story of a Warren Jeffs type of polygamous marriage with an overbearing patriarchal male and a bunch of underage wives arranged in a pecking order based on who is currently the most favored . Alina, Vicki, Valerie and Joe are similar in age and approach their multiple marriage as equals with the sincere desire to make their religion-based lifestyle choice work for the good of all. It’s not a choice I would make or can easily understand, so I appreciate the candor with which all four of them tell their ultimately moving stories, explaining their aspirations without minimizing their difficulties. I was especially interested in Valerie’s story since she was originally in a very different and eventually abusive polygamous relationship with another man and set of sister wives.