Jaylia3

Reflections

The Other Mr. Darcy

The Other Mr. Darcy - Monica Fairview One of the best Pride and Prejudice sequelsIn Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice Caroline Bingley is a character you love to hate. She’s the unmarried, snobby high society sister of the affable Mr. Bingley, and she’s been not so subtly pursuing Mr. Darcy for years with awkward flattery and clueless put downs of heroine Elizabeth Bennet. By the end of P and P Elizabeth and Darcy are getting married, of course, so what comes next for Caroline Bingley who is must be bitterly disappointed and broken hearted? Author Monica Fairview performs the miracle of creating a believable and likeable Caroline Bingley. She even finds the perfect man for Caroline, who is now doing some soul searching about her life. In a P and P role reversal it is Caroline, the female, who is reserved, concerned with propriety and maybe a little over proud while the male, Mr. Darcy’s charming American cousin, is open, iconoclastic, funny and totally unconcerned with the finer points of etiquette. They have a lot to learn from each other.If you enjoy Monica Fairview’s story telling skills you can find a wonderful short story sequel to Jane Austen’s Emma by her in the anthology Jane Austen Made Me Do It.