Jaylia3

Reflections

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate Series #2)

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate Series #2) - Soulless Alexia Tarabotti, now properly called Lady Woolsey because to the shock of her family she was finally able to marry, and marry well no less, is back in another Victorian era, clever, slyly comic, paranormal, romance adventure. Werewolves, vampires, ghosts and even stranger creatures have lived among us for eons, and in this alternate world they are out and somewhat cautiously accepted by Victorian era England, to the point that Queen Victoria has several supernatural advisors who have served her very well. After all, how else but with their help would little England have been able to amass its vast empire? The beginning of this book is set in the world of newlywed Alexia Tarabotti’s werewolf husband, Lord Woolsey, and his pack, but just as I was starting to miss her snippy family and eccentric friends they came back into the story in a big way. Other reviewers have complained about the cliffhanger ending, but it’s a new story starting, the main plot of this book is wrapped up nicely, and I didn’t mind at all the sense that life goes on. If anything, I enjoyed this second volume even more than the first.