Jaylia3

Reflections

Just Kids

Just Kids - Recommended by my sister Gertie, this is a moving and inspiring memoir by Patty Smith on the artistic partnership, young love and life long friendship she had with Richard Mapplethorpe. While I loved the book and highly recommend it, I want to point out that it is published by Ecco, which is a division of Harper Collins, because Harper Collins is no friend of e-books or the people who read them. The e-book versions of this book contain none of the beautiful images of the print version. On top of that, Harper Collins has decided that libraries who purchase e-books from them can only check the books out 26 times before they "expire" and have to be purchased by the library again. Some libraries have decided to boycott Harper Collins, and I will certainly start paying attention to who the publisher is the next time I'm thinking about buying a book.