Jaylia3

Reflections

Track of the Cat (Anna Pigeon Mysteries)

Track of the Cat - Nevada Barr "There hadn't been a god for many years. Not the nightgown-clad patriarch of Sunday school coloring books; not the sensitive young man with the inevitable auburn ringlets Anna had stared through in the stained-glass windows at Mass; not the many-armed and many-faceted deities of the Bhagavad Gita that she'd worshiped alongside hashish and Dustin Hoffman in her college days. Even the short but gratifying parade of earth goddesses that had taken her to their ample bosoms in her early thirties had gone,though she remembered them with more kindness than the rest.God was dead. Let Him rest in peace. Now, finally, the earth was hers with no taint of Heaven"The opening line of Track of the Cat--this mystery series with national park ranger Anna Pigeon eventually got weaker, but this first offering had me from hello.