Jaylia3

Reflections

Neville Longbottom is the Most Important Person in Harry Potter

Neville!  He's a favorite Harry Potter character for me so I love when he gets respect.  EMILY ASHER-PERRIN on Tor.com makes a great case that Neville is the Peter Pettigrew of his generation, but unlike Wormtail  he makes all the right, noble choices.

She begins:

"Neville also might have been the chosen one, according to Trelawney’s prophecy. If Voldemort had simply decided he was the real threat, then Harry could have avoided his mark and lived life out… well, a little more normally.

But it’s not quite so simple as all that. See, Rowling largely operates Harry’s generation in a clear system of parallels to the previous generation, Marauders and all. Harry is his father—Quidditch star, a little pig-headed sometimes, an excellent leader. Ron is Sirius Black—snarky and fun, loyal to a fault, mired in self-doubts. Hermione is Remus Lupin—book smart and meticulous, always level-headed, unfailingly perceptive. Ginny is Lily Evans—a firecracker, clever and kind, unwilling to take excuses. Draco Malfoy is Severus Snape—a natural foil to Harry, pretentious, possessed of the frailest ego and also deeper sense of right and wrong when it counts. And guess what?

Neville Longbottom is Peter Pettigrew. . ."

But he becomes this

Neville Longbottom, Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows Part 2

Instead of this

Peter Pettigrew, Harry Potter, Prisoner of Azkaban

Link

Source: http://jaylia3.booklikes.com/post/706559/neville-longbottom-is-the-most-important-person-in-harry-potter