Jaylia3

Reflections

The alpha and omega of my 2013 books

It's been a wonderful reading year for me--I read 139 books in 2013, beginning January with Maggie Stiefvatar's The Raven Boys and ending December with Doris Kearns Goodwin's double biography The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism and a reread of Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell.

The Raven Boys - Maggie StiefvaterJonathan Strange & Mr Norrell: A Novel - Susanna ClarkeThe Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism - Doris Kearns Goodwin

I tend to end up with reading themes, and a big one for me this year was historical biographies, especially of the nineteenth century. Besides Goodwin's book I read:

Lady at the OK Corral about Wyatt Earp's common-law wife Josephine

Heir Apparent about Queen Victoria's son Edward VII

Miss Anne in Harlem about white women involved in the Harlem Renaissance

Book of Ages about Ben Franklin's sister Jane

The Brontes: Wild Genius on the Moors

Source: http://jaylia3.booklikes.com/post/743862/the-alpha-and-omega-of-my-2013-books