Jaylia3

Reflections

Great escape reading

Skating Over the Line: A Mystery - Joelle Charbonneau

Skating Over the Line has everything it needs to be a great escape--lots of zany humor, an off-and-on  romance, a mystery to be solved, and a small town full of amusing characters. In this second book in the series, Rebecca is still trying to sell the roller rink she inherited from her mother so she can move back to Chicago, but meanwhile someone is stealing cars and blowing them up in isolated farm fields. One of those cars belongs to Rebecca’s salesman-sleazy and long absent father, who’s back in town for unclear reasons.

Most of the characters from the first book return, including Rebecca’s Elvis impersonating grandfather, but this books adds a roller derby team and mariachi band to the mix. The general style, especially the banter between characters, is similar to early Stephanie Plum.